Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union serves an exclusive field of membership-the California Institute of Technology community, family and its affiliate organizations.
Who Can Join
The following groups are eligible to join CEFCU:
- Employees of the California Institute of Technology who work at the Campus, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Mt. Wilson, Mt. Palomar
- NASA employees at JPL
- Employees and registered volunteers (docents) of The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens
- Independent contractors and documented volunteers who work regularly for a sponsor facility
- Registered graduate and undergraduate students of Caltech
- Members of the Caltech Alumni Association
- Employees of the Carnegie Institute of Washington located in Pasadena and Palomar
- Employees of California Association for Research in Astronomy (CARA)
- Employees of Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT)
- The Associates of the California Institute of Technology
- Faculty, administration and students of the Polytechnic School
- Faculty, administration and students of the Child Educational Center (CEC)
- Employees of the Virtualitics Inc. who work in, or are paid or supervised, from Pasadena, California
- Immediate family of current members
In addition, CEFCU also provides membership for members retired from active employment with the above groups, unremarried spouses of deceased members, and Caltech and JPL-based clubs and organizations.
Immediate family of a current member includes spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren (by blood or marriage) or any extended family or any one adult who the primary member deems a significant other living within the same household as the qualifying member.
Once a member, always a member
Once membership has been established a member may retain their account for as long as they desire, even if they leave their qualifying sponsor organization. This principle known as "Once a member, always a member" is in full effect at Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union.
Minimum opening deposit of $5 and one-time $5 membership fee due upon opening any CEFCU Share Account. Federally insured by NCUA.