Who is eligible to join the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
Employees and members of the following groups are eligible to join CEFCU:
- Employees of the California Institute of Technology who work at the Campus, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Mt. Wilson, Mt. Palomar;
- NASA employees at JPL
- Employees of the Henry R. Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens;
- Independent contractors and documented volunteers who have worked regularly for the Caltech Campus, JPL, or The Huntington;
- Registered graduate and undergraduate students of Caltech;
- Members of the Caltech Alumni Association;
- Employees of the Carnegie Institute of Washington located in Pasadena and Palomar;
- Employees of California Association for Research in Astronomy (CARA)
- The Associates of the California Institute of Technology
- Faculty, administration and students of the Polytechnic School
- Faculty, administration and students of the Child Educational Center (CEC)
- Immediate family of current members
In addition, CEFCU also provides membership for members retired from active employment with the above groups, unremarried spouses of deceased members, and Caltech and JPL-based clubs and organizations.
Once I become a member, can I always be a member, even if I am no longer associated with a sponsoring organization?
Yes. Once membership has been established a member may retain their account for as long as they desire, even if they leave their qualifying sponsor organization. This principle, known as "Once a member, always a member", is in full effect at Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union.
What is the definition of immediate family?
Immediate family of a current member includes their husband, wife, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters (by blood or marriage) or any extended family or any one adult who the primary member deems a significant other living within the same household as the qualifying member.
What services are available at the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
The following services are available:
- Savings Accounts
- Platinum MasterCard®
- Online Account Access (eBranch)
- ATM Card
- Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction
- Official Checks
- American Express Travelers Cheques
- Gift Cards
- Wired Funds Services
- and more!
What are the locations and operating hours of Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union offices?
We have offices on the Caltech Campus, at JPL and in La Cañada Flintridge.
For addresses, office hours and ATM locations, please refer to our Locations and Hours.
Are the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union offices open during Caltech/JPL holidays?
Also, with online account access (eBranch), you always have free and convenient access to your savings and loan accounts, even on holidays!
Can I access the services of any other credit unions through my membership in the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
You may make deposits to your accounts at other credit unions that are part of the CO-OP Network when you use one of our deposit-taking ATMs.
You may also access some services, including Mobile with eBranch (online account access).
What electronic banking capabilities are available with the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction, Wired Funds, Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) access and online account access (eBranch) services are currently available. We are always looking to improve and enhance the security and ease provided through electronic banking.