- Applications and Forms
- ATM Locator
- Financial Calculators
- Financial Wellness
- Home Ownership
- Money Management
- Scam Awareness & Cyber Security
- Warning Signs of Scams & Identity Theft Schemes
- Beware of COVID-19 Vaccine Scams
- Beware of Gift Card Payments, Pop-Ups and Links
- Protect Yourself and Your Finances
- IRS Warns on Coronavirus-Related Scams
- Phone Scams
- 10 Things You Can Do to Avoid Fraud
- Alarming Increase of Scam Calls
- IRS Tax Scams Continue Year-Round
- Safeguard Your Identity
- Focus Newsletter
- Privacy Notice
- Schedule of Fees
- Security Information
- Tax Statements
- Update Your Contact Information
- Wiring Instructions
Frequently Asked Questions on Tax Statements
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding tax statements.
- What tax statements are issued?
- Who receives a 1099-INT tax form?
- Who receives a 1098 tax form?
- What is a Tax eStatement?
- Do I have to wait for my tax statements to file my taxes?
- When and how will I receive my tax statement?
- I have multiple accounts. How can I find my 1099-INT Tax eStatement?
- How can I find my 1098 Tax eStatement?
- How long will CEFCU archive my Tax eStatements?
- What information do I need to get my tax refund deposited directly?
- Where can I find the routing number for Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
- I don't know my savings account number. How can I find the number?
- How can I check if my tax refund has been deposited to my CEFCU savings account?
- How long will it take to receive the direct deposit of my tax refund?
- What should I do if I receive an email from the IRS?
If your question is not answered here, please contact us for assistance.
Who will receive a 1098 tax form?
The 1098 form will be generated for all accounts with a real estate loan on which interest was paid during the year, such as a mortgage or home equity line of credit.
What is a Tax eStatement?
A Tax eStatement is an electronic version of the 1099-INT or 1098 tax forms. The electronic version provides you with the same information as the paper version. Tax eStatements are available to access securely via eBranch and our mobile app. A PDF is available to view or download.
However, if you will receive a 1098, please wait until you receive the actual tax form. If you have specific questions regarding your 1098 form, please contact our Real Estate Loan Center.
If you've elected to receive eStatements for monthly account statements, you will also receive a Tax eStatement (an electronic version of the tax form). An email notification will be sent when your Tax eStatement is available online.
I have multiple accounts. How can I find my 1099-INT Tax eStatement?
If you have multiple accounts under the same primary tax payer identification number (i.e. Social Security number), you can access your Tax eStatement via eBranch by logging into your most recently opened CEFCU account or highest account number assigned to that taxpayer identification number. The account must also have elected to receive eStatements by December 31, 2020.
Once logged into eBranch, select the Online Services tab, then choose "eStatements" from the drop-down menu. If you log in through our mobile app, use the menu icon and choose eStatements. Tax eStatements are listed under monthly statements. A PDF is available to view or download.
What information do I need to get my tax refund deposited directly?
Simply follow the instructions provided by the IRS on the direct deposit line of your tax form. You will need to provide the Credit Union Routing Number and your savings account number.
- Credit Union Routing/Transit Number: 322280692
- Your Credit Union Account Number
- Your deposit is going into SAVINGS
For your convenience, our Direct Deposit Information form can provide these details in an easy-to-read form.
If you need help validating your account number, please contact us. For your protection, we will ask a series of verification questions to confirm your identification over the phone. Or, please bring your current identification when you visit our office locations.
How long will it take to receive the direct deposit of my tax refund?
CEFCU will make your tax refund direct deposit available on the same business day we receive the direct deposit from the IRS. Your tax refund will arrive much faster than a paper check.
You can track your refund using the IRS's Where's My Refund? tool.
If you were expecting a direct deposit of your refund and have not received it, or there was an error in the direct deposit amount, contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) directly.
What should I do if I receive an email from the IRS?
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will never contact you by email to confirm personal information. You can report phishing (unsolicited scam emails) directly to the IRS. Remember that the IRS will always contact you by mail or phone for any problems with your tax filing or tax return.